Amy Curran is located in Oberon, NSW, and regularly travels to most areas New South Wales for events, photography work, book signings and schools visits. These include a limited number of wedding bookings each year.
Operating as a Photographer for 7 years, Amy applied to the Australian Institute of Professional Photography in 2014 for Professional Accreditation. Her work was judged by a panel of 3 Professionals, and she was accepted into the Institute as an Accredited Professional member.
Amy Curran has had her work published in several media outlets including Television Advertisements, Newspapers, Magazines and Business Stationery for clients.
In March 2016 Amy Currans first Book "Furfriends - a collective of Children and their Animal Friends" was published. Furfriends was reviewed as being "a powerfully emotive collective of the love and connection between Children and Animals."
"Furfriends", a Fine Art Hardcover Coffee table style book, with handstitched binding and thick 210gsm card pages, went on to win the following awards:
- SILVER MEDAL Australian Professional Photography Awards 2016
- INTERNATIONAL MEDAL Tokyo International Photography Awards 2016
- INTERNATIONAL MEDAL Moscow International Photography Awards 2016
- one of the individual images from the book was also Highly Commended in LAS VEGAS.
Amy has also been published in several other Hardcover publications, including:
- 'Outback Stations' 2014 coffee table book on Australian life in the outback, published by Harper Collins
- 'Working Dogs' 2013 hardcover book, published by ABC Books and Ruralpress
- 'Arabian Horses in Australia' series of hardcover collectors books, published by Vink Publishing.
After winning several awards for her photography, both Nationally here in Australia, and Internationally, Amy's creativity started to wander. Always enjoying Art as a hobby, she applied to the London Art College to undertake a Children's Book Illustration Diploma. Less than a year later, she graduated with a Distinction.
Amy's first published illustrated work was 'Bobby the Plain-Faced Cattle Dog' also written by her.
Having only launched her first written work in 2017, Amy Curran's popularity is growing at an exceptionally fast rate.
With hundreds of fans, Amy has been solidly booked for School, Library and Event appearances.
She lives, writes and draws in the picturesque Blue Mountains of New South Wales, Australia, with her many cats, dogs, horses, cows and children.
Her engaging personality teamed with her unique writing style, make her one to watch. Start collecting the books now.